Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from June, 2012

Guest Posting #2

I was guest posting at Heatherly Loves yesterday. Go check it out to know how I made my daughter´s birthday party banner. Thanks Heather for having me. 

July: Refashion Month at House of Estrela

Not much has been going around this blog. I have been busy, as I have mentioned before, IT IS the blog that has been quite lifeless lately. 
Back in May I have told you about a few things I was working on...  #1 - Party Favours - they are done now, will share after G.'s birthday party.  #2 - Dress for G.'s birthday - done, will share after G.'s birthday party.  #3 - Flamenco Dress for G. - done, will show pretty soon.  #4 - Top Refashioning - still unfisnished.  #5 - Blue dresses - both started, none finished.  #6 - Flamenco Pants - done, will show as soon as possible.  #7 - Dresses for sister and niece - not even started yet.  I have to finish it all (the ones I haven't yet), until the end of the month (all but #4), and then I'll be more free to start thinking about something fun. And I have actually thought about it. I have been wanting to refashion/recycle a LOT of clothes items I have around the house. Things I no longer use, things V. no longer uses, things I …

Recycling Project: Part II

As shown at Refashion co-op:
Here comes the second part of daddy's shirt refashion. In my latest post I have showed you what I did with the sleeves of the shirt, and here's the second pair of pants I made G. for her to crawl and walk around the house... This way, I can save a lot her new clothes... =) One might get addicted into making some of this.

Recycling Project: Part I

As shown at refashion co-op:
I made G. a few pair of pants, pretty good and comfy for her to crawl all around the house. So far, I have used a sweat shirt from her daddy's. From its sleeves I made her a pair, the one showing on the picture above. and from the body of the shirt I made another one. Which I will show as soon as I get her into a shoot mood... heheh... I really liked those, because they have the brown strip on both sides. Since I used the already existing sleeves to make them, it was actually a very quick and easy project. I just had to sew both sleeves together, make a waist band and add an elastic.  Keep coming to see the rest of the pants I've been making her.   I almost forgot to take a picture of the before, but it came to mind right in time before I cut anymore...